Tatworth Primary School always acts in the best interests of the children and staff. We will continue to adhere to advice received from Government, Public Health England, Somerset County Council and other relevant agencies. Our website will be updated as and when the situation should change.
We have undertaken an extensive risk assessment (which may be accessed by clicking here) to support our opening which will be dependent upon our ability to maintain the Government expectation of six key controls, which must be in place at all times:
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school.
- Clean hands thoroughly more often than usual.
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it’ approach.
- Enhanced cleaning arrangements
- Minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible
- The use of face coverings, which does not apply to primary school children.
There are also three further controls regarding the response to any infection that we must follow. All staff and parents need to be willing and prepared to support:
- Engaging with the NHS Track and Trace process
- Managing confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst the school community
- Containing any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
Nobody (adult or child) should come to school if they (or anyone in their household) have coronavirus symptoms until they have received a negative test. Do not come into school if you have:
- A high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, persistent cough – coughing a lot more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – you have noticed that you cannot smell or taste anything or things smell or taste different to normal.
Most people with Coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
Should anyone display coronavirus symptoms whilst in school our ‘Suspected COVID-19 Symptoms Procedures’ will be applied.
All children will receive hand sanitiser as they enter the school and before they get into the cloakroom. Once they have hung up their things on their coat peg, they will enter the classroom with their bookbag and water bottle and wash their hands prior to sitting and waiting for lessons to start. Both staff and students will wash/sanitise their hands regularly throughout the day.
Other measures that have been set up to control the virus are detailed in the relevant sections of this website and in various documents (that may be downloaded from this site).
8 January 2021
5 January 2021
4 January 2021
1 January 2021
11 December 2020
8 December 2020
30 November 2020
24 November 2020
16 June 2020
Attached is a letter from Julian Wooster, Director of Children’s Services, Somerset. In it, he outlines the present position for schools and gives some indication for the situation going forward. We receive new guidance, like yourselves, as it is released to the general public and therefore do not have any more detail of our situation or what to expect, than you. We thank you all for your continued support and the support you are giving your children as they learn at home. With just over 4 weeks left at school, we continue to send planning and challenges for the children to engage with and encourage you all to contact us via Tapestry, Class Dojo or Homelearning email if you need support or have any queries. As initially requested, please could you upload 2 or 3 pieces of work for each child, as the week progresses. We hope feedback from school will help keep them engaged with their learning and look forward to seeing their work.
Following the reference to the wider opening of schools in the attached letter, I would very much like to open to more children but we presently have limited space in school, which with the present guidelines, restricts our offer. I will let you know if this changes.