Our PTA is known as PAFOTS (Parents and Friends of Tatworth School). The main aim of PAFOTS is to raise funds for the school and its pupils. The money is partly used to support the school in funding certain everyday items such as extra art materials for projects or educational materials but also helps fund transport to site visits and extra-curricular activities
There are lots of great reasons to get involved, including:
- Feeling at home at the school. Becoming involved with PAFOTS makes it easy to get to know people at the school, from the Headteacher and teachers, to other parents. It also provides opportunity to make new friends.
- Have fun and get to know other parents. Events run by PAFOTS are fun. Whether it is a hectic and exhausting disco for the pupils, a fabulous Summer Fair or a parents’ quiz night, they are great for bringing the school together as a community. Teachers, parents, and pupils alike can get stuck in and enjoy themselves.
- Understanding how the school works. Being part of PAFOTS helps parents to understand how things in the school work. PAFOTS is well supported by the teachers, so you will soon realise how much they value the support it brings to the school.
- Help the school be even better. By raising funds you will provide valuable experiences that the children will remember, and benefit from, forever.
- Items recently funded. Book bags, reading books for the library, and parts for our eco-benches.
Please advise the school office if you would be interested in helping – you will certainly make a difference.
We also raise money through Easyfundraising. If you make purchases via the Internet, by doing so via their website (https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk and selecting Tatworth Primary School) we receive a donation for every purchase that you make.
The children also organise events throughout the year to support particular projects for example, plants for our Wellbeing Garden.